Want to make this? It's easier than you think
You’ve seen them before – brilliant green color.. rolling condensation on the glass.. beautiful swirls as the milk and matcha layers meet. Why not try making one at home? If you’re intimidated, don’t be. Here’s why its much simpler than you think.
Here’s the trick – add the sweetener to the milk first. The milk becomes more “dense” and the layers become more pronounced after you add the matcha mixture.
If you can pour water, then you’ve got all the skills needed to make your own aesthetic iced matcha latte.
- 2 tsp of matcha powder
- 1/3 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 to 2 tsp of powdered brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
1. Add 2 tsp of matcha powder to 1/3 cup of cold water to a bottle and shake it to dissolve matcha completely
2. Add your choice sweetener to the milk. We like adding 1 tsp of powdered brown sugar, but you can add more if you like.
3. Add a pinch of salt to the milk. Mix well. Why salt? Salt just adds this degree of complexity that helps bring out the real flavors of the matcha!
4. Pour sweetened milk onto a cup of ice cubes.
5. Ready your phone camera. Pour the matcha mixture into the milk and capture the diffusion of matcha into the milk on your phone.